Internet Comment Policy
We are interested in your opinion and encourage you to share your concerns related to Illinois rate filings that have been submitted by health plans for our review. All concerns should adhere to the comment policy listed below:
- Public comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. These sites are not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
- The comments should not promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- The comments should not promote or advertise a business or commercial transaction.
- Do not submit copyrighted or other proprietary material in any form unless you clearly indicate that you have permission to do so. By posting your comments or other work, you grant IDOI irrevocable permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display or perform the commenter's work publicly and free-of-charge.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- The use of hate speech, including that directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability is prohibited.
Comments submitted through the Health Rate Filings Comment page will not constitute a legal or official notice to the Department for any purpose, including public comment on pending regulations. If you are a reporter, we ask that you send your questions to the IDOI Press Office or through normal channels rather than by submitting questions here as comments.
If You Have Questions
We understand that the Internet allows you to post your questions at a time convenient to you. Given our need to appropriately manage state resources, we will review your questions from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, except for state holidays, and will respond as soon as possible. When submitting a question, we ask you to provide your name and e-mail address. We will not respond to anonymous questions and we will not publish your e-mail address.